search archive
explore archive

2726 total results

In complete archive


Title
Description
Date

1986-03

1986-01

1986-02-23 - 1986-03-05

1986-03

1986-03

1986-03-26

College Store ad for Beacon Magazine.

1986

Student volunteer, Anson Tebbetts '97, on the phone. Location: Student Union, 96 Beacon St., Boston. Phonathons were held February 23-26 and March 2-5, 1986.

1986-02-23

1986-03-11

College Store ad for Beacon Magazine.

1986

1986-03-26

1986-03-24

1986-03-26

1986-03-20

1986-03-26

1986-03-26

1985-12-04

1985-12

1985-12

1985-12

1985-12

Craig Vachon '86 on the phone. "Class of 86 Senior Challenge" 3-day phonathon.

1985-12-02 - 1985-12-04

1986-01

1985-11-26

Craig Vachon '86 on the phone. "Class of 86 Senior Challenge" 3-day phonathon.

1985-12-02 - 1985-12-04

1985-12

1985-12

1985-12

1985-12

1986-01

1985-12

1985-11-26

1985-11-26

1985-12

1985-12

Gathering of people in a mostly empty room.

1985-12-11

1985-11-26

1986-01

1985-12-11

1985-11-26

1985-11-26

1985-11-26

1985-12

1985-12

1985-12

Man at a podium in a tent.

1985-12-11

Group portrait of the class of 1981. Photo taken at the Soldiers and Sailors monument in Boston Common.

1981

A casual group photo of the comedy troupe. Nine people are pictured. This is Pathetic, Emerson College's only all long-form improvisational comedy troupe, was formed in 1981. The troupe originally specialized in mime and puppetry, later turning their focus on social satire through sketches, improv, and film.

1981

1985-08-26

Group photo in the home of Debra and Larry Lentz. Banner overhead reads, "Goodbye Emersonians." Attendees are showing a cake with icing reading: "Good Luck. [illegible]."

1990-08-18

The interior of Emerson College's first classroom (then known as Monroe Conservatory or Oratory). Rows of wooden chairs face a small platform framed by drapery, with what appears to be a wood-burning stove on one wall. The doors are etched with the words, Monroe Conservatory.. In 1880, Charles W. Emerson opened the Boston Conservatory of Elocution, Oratory, and Dramatic Art at 13 Pemberton Sq. in Boston. Ten students enrolled in the first class. Within one year, the school was renamed the Monroe Conservatory of Oratory. At the time, Pemberton Square was a mixed use enclave of residences and businesses surrounding a small enclosed garden (resembling Beacon Hill's Louisburg Square). By 1885, the construction of a large courthouse changed the character of Pembertboron Square. This neighborhood is now part of Boston's Government Center, currently occupied by Suffolk University and the state and county courthouses. Our conservatory moved from here to 36 Bromfield Street in September 1886. Look closely at this photo to find a framed image of the State of Liberty hanging on the wall. The much-anticipated statue was constructed in France and shipped to New York Harbor around this time period, but not unveiled and dedicated until the month after our school moved away from this address.

1880 circa

Powered by Preservica
Copyright 2016 © Emerson College